Monday, January 26, 2004

Where do we go from here?

It would seem, from reading my friend's site, that I am less regular than others at my blogging. I realise that was a painful sentence to read, but the lack of blogging has cramped my grammatical senses. The durations between these blogs are where my life has been fitting in and with recent events being what they are there has been room for little else. There has been room for overwhelming feelings. There has been room for larger than life changes. There has been room for loneliness without solitude. There has been room for little else.
Words usually don't fail me, and I can, with a modicum of aplomb, weasel my way through a conversation as well as the odd blog, but lately words have not been my friends. I don't know how to deal with the sense of imminent separation let alone form it with words. It would be nice to think that this will be just a holiday and then we will come back and all will be as it was, but this is a dream. I realised over the period of my first month in China that God has so connected this body of the Son that I am never truly alone and that even now there may be someone whom the Lord has roused from slumber in Malawi to pray for my family, but what do they look like? Would we know each other in a crowd? Would I know their laugh? Have I felt their tears? I miss brothers and sisters, and I will miss brothers and sisters. Till we're all home let's just love one another, okay?

No comments: