Sunday, January 30, 2005

And Now For Something....Quite Nice Actually

I just came home from church and I am still feeling quite good. That should make sense though because the feeling is not attached to the building, although the architecture is rather appealing (I love post and beam). I was swept away today with the need for the body to know who it is and to Whom it belongs. She is beautiful, this bride of Christ. Did you see her dance because of His love for her, and the fact that for a change she is beginning to believe it even in the face of all the accusations? Did you see the lions roar just because they heard Daddy do it, and for a change they believe they can too? I saw that today. It was wonderful. At the 'end' I sat down and my wife asked if I was ready to go and I said that I didn't really want to go, but I didn't know what I was waiting around for. As I looked at her I realised it; this is what soaking is all about. Waiting around with no other expectation than just the presence. Wow, the presence. I was going to put exclamation marks after that, but there is still a solemnity about it that stayed my hand. It can cause me to dance, but it has been so much richer to reflect on it. The Presence. The presence which exuded life to the very corners of the universe. The presence which set Mt. Sinai ablaze. The presence which looked the blind in their newly seeing eyes. The presence which shook the earth when He died. The presence which will dispell our greatest foe, just by showing up. The Presence. He is truly beautiful and I am slowly starting to see with newly seeing eyes. Seeing the value that was in that guy before Christ even died for him. The beauty that was in her that ravished His heart even as it beat His life's blood from the wounds she put in Him. What a Savior, what a Bride what a wedding it will be! Can you see it?

1 comment:

N said...

Better late than never, eh? I really like this post. It's so easy to see the visible and forget that it's continuously shouting of the invisible reality of the heavens all around about us. Thanks for the reminder, man.